Most community-focused areas across America have their very own Community Foundation. And for very good reason. Citizens concerned with the specific needs of a community can ensure that real, solid, particular change is enacted for whom and where it matters most.
Monmouth Legacy Fund Grants
Families who contribute to or establish Legacy Funds can specify an issue, cause or hometown that they would like to have their charitable legacy impact. The Community Foundation can then respond quickly to ever-changing community needs through grants designed around the spirit of the donor’s wishes.
Recent Monmouth County grants include:
- 180 Turning Lives Around – to support a Child Advocate at the new shelter.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Monmouth & Middlesex Counties – to support the youth mentoring afterschool program in Red Bank Middle School and Freehold Intermediate School.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Monmouth County – to support academic programming for over 200 children in Monmouth County between the ages of 5 and 18.
- CASA of Monmouth – to recruit, train, and support community volunteers to work with abused and neglected children.
- CONTACT of Ocean & Monmouth Counties – to continue to provide support for crisis intervention and suicide prevention hotline to the residents of Monmouth County.
- Family and Children’s Service – to create a tuition free Certified Home Health Aid (CHHA) training program for qualified candidates to increase the number of CHHA’s to meet the needs of a growing senior population.
- IMPACT 100 Jersey Coast – a matching grant to support the launch of IMPACT 100 Jersey Coast. IMPACT 100 Jersey Coast aims to collectively have 100 woman donate $1,000 each, for a total of $100,000, to provide high impact grants to nonprofits.
- Manna House (Monmouth Neighborhood Housing, Inc.) – to support the transitional housing program serving women and children in Monmouth County.
- Monmouth Day Care Center – for classroom supplies (books, art supplies, manipulative toys and playground toys) that need to be replenished annually.
- ProvidingHope – to implement a youth apprenticeship program for high risk students at Long Branch High School Students as they learn the basics of aeroponic growing.
Our Steering Committee
- Paige Metzger