Most community-focused areas across America have their very own Community Foundation. And for very good reason. Citizens concerned with the specific needs of a community can ensure that real, solid, particular change is enacted. For whom and where it matters most.
Donors now have the opportunity to support projects with impact for Morris County. Recent grants include:
- Alfre Inc. for the Co-Occurring Care-Continue Quality Assurance Project for women in treatment for substance use & mental health disorders.
- CASA of Morris & Sussex Counties for a volunteer recruitment and training program to assist community volunteers in advocating for children in foster care.
- Children on the Green for a quality early childhood education program for homeless and disadvantaged children.
- Cornerstone Family Programs for the Pathways to Work program for immigrants, which offers links to employment, job training, ESL classes, and GED classes.
- Cornerstone Family Programs for the Morristown Neighborhood House High School Tutoring & Mentoring Program.
- County College of Morris Foundation for the Real Solutions Program to connect unemployed women with the education and resources needed for their profession of choice.
- Family Promise of Morris County to purchase software and develop and conduct volunteer training webinars.
- Growing Stage Theater for youth theatrical and arts education programs.
- Healthy Eyes Alliance for the Healthy Eyes for Morris Co. Kids Project, a preschool vision screening program for underserved children.
- Literacy Volunteers of Morris County to support a volunteer tutor training program to help tutors teach ESL classes and adult literacy programs.
- Morris Arts for the Arts Residency Program Scholarship for an underserved Morris County school in 2015-16.
- Morris Counity Organization for Hispanic Affairs to support the Center for Citizenship & Legal Immigration.
- NJ Foundation for the Blind for three programs: One-day Essential Low Vision, Better Health & Wellness, & iSee Training.
- Roots & Wings Foundation for residential and outreach case management support for youth who have aged out of the foster system.
- Somerset Home for Temporarily Displaced Children for the Morris County “Street Smart” Street Outreach Program for troubled youth.
- Storytelling Arts, Inc. for preschool storytelling program at the Morris County Head Start School.
- Teen Pride, Morristown for the A’s Academic & College Counseling Program for Morristown High School students.
Morris Legacy Fund Grants
Families who contribute to or establish Legacy Funds can specify an issue, cause or hometown that they would like to have their charitable legacy impact. The Community Foundation can then respond quickly to ever-changing community needs through grants designed around the spirit of the donor’s wishes.