September 13, 2017
As we know from our own experience with Hurricane Sandy, immediate relief efforts and long-term recovery efforts are important in equal measure. Taken together, they will put Florida and the Caribbean on the path to recovery.
As people throughout Florida and the Caribbean are dealing with the devastating effects of the storm, please consider supporting one or more of these relief and recovery efforts:
– The Southwest Florida Community Foundation is partnering with United Way to support Hurricane Irma relief efforts in Southwest Florida. Donations can be general or designated to one of the following counties: Lee, Hendry, Glades, Charlotte or Collier Counties. Give via your DONOR ADVISED FUND, give via your CREDIT CARD, or text GIVESWFL to 444999.
– Gulf Coast Community Foundation has established a disaster fund focused on making the region habitable again so residents can resume their daily lives. Give via your DONOR ADVISED FUND or give via your CREDIT CARD.
– The Miami Foundation has established a relief fund helping families, communities and businesses in Miami-Dade County rebuild and recover. Give via your DONOR ADVISED FUND or give via your CREDIT CARD.
– The Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands has established the Fund for the Virgin Islands to provide monies for critical needs in the U.S. Virgin Islands, both to support short-term relief efforts and to enhance the well-being of future generations. Give via your DONOR ADVISED FUND or give via your CREDIT CARD.
– The Community Foundation of Puerto Rico is working to rebuild communities’ capacities. Their focus is on helping people find relief and rebuild in the wake of Hurricanes Irma and Maria. Give via your DONOR ADVISED FUND or give via your CREDIT CARD.