September 19, 2017
Members had a chance to mix and mingle and to hear about the road ahead for Impact100 Essex, including details about the grant process and the three things members need to do – tell a friend, tell a nonprofit, and get involved.
From seeing the turnout and the enthusiasm and energy of the crowd, spreading the word and participation should be no problem!
For its inaugural grant, Impact100 Essex is looking for:
- Projects in Essex County with high impact – new projects or expansion of existing projects
- Projects addressing under-met needs, empowering an underserved constituency
- Projects that innovate, deepen or expand an existing mission, resulting in measurable, sustainable change
- A plan to spend the grant within 2 years, and evidence that all funding needs will be fully met
- Evidence that the idea is effective
- 501 (c)(3)
- Track record of success
- At least three years in operation
- Annual operating budget of at least $100,000
- At least 2 years of independently prepared financial statements
Impact100 Essex is not interested in:
- Lobbying, partisan or religious projects
- Debt reduction, interim or bridge funding, endowments or fundraising
- General operating expenses or overhead
- Grants to individuals
Impact100 Essex is a unique group of philanthropic women who collectively fund high-impact grants to help disadvantaged, impoverished, and underserved populations in Essex County, New Jersey. The grants are provided to nonprofit organizations that complete a rigorous application process and are selected through a membership vote.