The Somerset Hills Community Health Foundation (SHCHF), seeks to fund projects and programs that promote healthier individuals and communities in Morris and Somerset counties.
Grants are awarded to organizations whose proposals address one or more of the following Foundation priorities:
- Enable access to health care
- Provide resources for restoration and maintenance of health (physical, mental & social wellbeing)
- Foster independent living at an appropriate level based on the individual’s health situation
- Support programs promoting health and wellness
- Support healthcare worker availability and employment
- Promote education and training programs
- Support programs for workers entering into home care (educational costs, child care, transportation, living stipends)
Established in 2019, SHCHF is a donor advised fund at the Community Foundation of New Jersey (CFNJ). Created from funds raised by the Visiting Nurse Association of Somerset Hills, a provider of home and community-based healthcare services, SHCHF’s founding coincided with the announcement that the Visiting Nurses Association of Somerset Hills joined with the Atlantic Health System family to form Atlantic Visiting Nurse.
“We are honored to support the Somerset Hills Community Health Foundation as a catalyst for change in our communities,” said Dennis Wilson, Chair of CFNJ. “Building on the Visiting Nurse Association of Somerset Hill’s decades of good works, we will bring the best of our investment expertise together with our community insights to help SHCHF make the greatest impact on pressing health concerns across the counties they have served.”
Organizations interested in submitting a proposal for consideration may contact:
Philanthropic Services Program Assistant
Community Foundation of New Jersey
PO Box 338, Morristown, NJ 07963-0338