July 31, 2019
The largest community foundation in New Jersey, the Community Foundation of New Jersey is a center for philanthropy for our state and region. Our mission is to support charitable giving that is inspired by our donors, targeted at making our communities stronger, driven by creative solutions, and effective in achieving lasting change. The Community Foundation’s funds currently hold over $425 million in charitable assets and granted more than $66 million in 2018 to charitable work in New Jersey and beyond.
We invite interested applicants to join our team of creative, passionate, and loyal professionals as we promote charitable work. We share a commitment to making New Jersey a better, stronger state through the support of innovative programs that create lasting change.
The Staff Accountant is part of the finance team, a group of dedicated individuals who combine detailed work with a passion for the Foundation’s mission. The finance team is jointly responsible for the accounting activity of over 1,000 funds, 95 investment managers and provides support to other teams of the Foundation.
The Staff Accountant is a key contributor to the finance team’s efforts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the Foundation’s financial records, timely reporting and analysis of financial results and maintenance of strong internal controls. The Staff Accountant reports to the Chief Financial Officer of the Community Foundation of New Jersey.
- Produce monthly and quarterly financial reports, including budget to actual reports, financial statements, and other reports as required
- Prepare reconciliations and associated journal entries for Foundation’s investment accounts
- Provide support to our Program Officers regarding Special Project Funds
- Provide support for the Foundation’s annual audit and tax return, including preparation of supporting documentation and schedules along with interaction with outside accounting team
- Prepare and file Federal and State registrations as required by Law
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll for hourly and salary employees and coordinate with payroll service
- Assist in the administration of the 403B pension plan
- Interface with insurance companies, FSA provider and payroll service for on boarding of new employees, exit activities as employees leave the Foundation and reconciliation of employees issues as they arise
- Provide back up for key accounting functions as needed
- Prepare data analysis as requested
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite and integrated accounting and database software. Strong Excel skills are required.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles, reconciliations and documentation techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with non-profit fund accounting a plus
- Detail-oriented and highly dependable
- Superb analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
The Community Foundation of New Jersey is an equal employment opportunity employer and offers competitive salary with excellent benefits.
Please contact Susan Soldivieri at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or to apply.