December 14, 2021
As communities begin to rebuild following the deadly tornadoes that struck the Midwest and South, fundholders at the Community Foundation of New Jersey have asked how best to help those in need. We are in contact with community foundations on the ground that are quickly responding to the catastrophe by creating relief funds to collect and distribute money to support those who have been seriously impacted.
Donors can help stricken communities by contributing to the following relief funds:
- Community Foundation of West Kentucky – West Kentucky Tornado Relief Fund
- The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee – CFMT Tornado Response
We recommend these two community foundations because:
- they are rooted in the communities they serve and know exactly what is needed following this disaster.
- they have already vetted reputable nonprofits, so you won’t have to.
- they can distribute funds quickly to agencies that need them most.
In addition, the Community Foundation of West Kentucky and the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee provide long-term support to their communities — ensuring that they will continue to help those impacted as they recover and rebuild.