For the Community Foundation of New Jersey, year-end is an intense period in which we facilitate a huge volume of grants from our very generous fundholders to the causes and charities they care about. To make this process run smoothly, we’d like to remind you of the following:
- If you need a grant made by December 31st of this year, we kindly ask you to initiate that grant by December 23rd.
- We encourage you to submit your grant recommendations via your new fundholder portal. If you haven’t used the new platform yet, contact Dayana Toledo-Mendoza at firstname.lastname@example.org who would be happy to get you signed up and walk you through the process. You can also peruse this handy Fundholder Portal Guide.
- If you prefer to have a Community Foundation team member help you with your year-end giving personally, please feel free to contact Karen Arias at 973-828-2950 or email@example.com or Vi Solis at 973-828-2952 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When making a contribution to your fund using stocks, please be sure to notify Patty Heath at email@example.com at the time of the transfer. In this way, stocks can easily be identified, retrieved, sold, and directed to your fund without delay.
- Please remember that gifts of stock must be in our account on December 31st to count for this calendar year. We have noticed that national brokerage firms are recommending that their clients initiate donations of stock by December 14th. While your own broker may have a different deadline, we encourage you to initiate stock gifts as early as possible.
- We will be here through December 31st to accept gifts into your fund.
In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic dominated much of our fundholders’ grantmaking, and it looks like we will have a record year for grants by fundholders this year. Our communities thank you. Please stay tuned for a more detailed breakdown of 2020 giving in the near future.
Thank you for your continued partnership.
The CFNJ Team