September 28, 2017
The application and other information are available at www.Impact100Essex.org.
Applications are due December 15, 2017. Finalists will present their proposals on March 1, 2018. The Impact100 Essex members will gather and vote on March 26, 2018 to select the one grant recipient.
The grant amount was announced at Impact100 Essex’s recent member celebration in Montclair. The philanthropic group succeeded in attracting 112 women, each of whom donated $1,000, to support, and ultimately participate in, the selection for its inaugural award.
“Members had a chance to mix and mingle, and to hear about the road ahead for Impact100 Essex, including details about the grant process, as well as the three things members need to do going forward – tell a friend, tell a nonprofit, and get involved,” said Margo Greenfield, Steering Committee Chair. “From seeing the turnout, the enthusiasm, and the energy of the crowd, spreading the word and participation should be no problem.”
For its inaugural grant, Impact100 Essex is looking for:
- Projects in Essex County with high impact – new projects or expansion of existing projects
- Projects addressing under-met needs, empowering an underserved constituency
- Projects that innovate, deepen or expand an existing mission, resulting in measurable, sustainable change
- A plan to spend the grant within 2 years, and evidence that all funding needs will be fully met
- Evidence that the idea is effective
Organizations must operate within Essex County, New Jersey and have:
- 501(c)3 status
- Track record of success
- At least 3 years in operation
- Annual operating budget of at least $100,000
- At least 2 years of independently prepared financial statements
Impact100 Essex is not interested in:
- Lobbying, partisan, or religious projects
- Debt reduction, interim or bridge funding, endowments or fundraising
- General operating expenses or overhead
- Grants to individuals
About Impact100 Essex
Impact100 Essex is a unique group of philanthropic women who collectively fund high-impact grants to help disadvantaged, impoverished, and underserved populations in Essex County, New Jersey. The grants are provided to nonprofit organizations that complete a rigorous application process and are selected through a membership vote. Impact100 Essex is a component fund of the Community Foundation of New Jersey.
About the Community Foundation of New Jersey
The Community Foundation of New Jersey educates and engages the people of New Jersey on the power of charitable giving to effect positive change in our communities. Since its founding in 1979, the Community Foundation has counseled New Jersey families and businesses on how to use philanthropic funds to target and increase the impact of their giving in the areas that matter most to them. These more than 1,100 Legacy Funds and Donor Advised Funds grant tens of millions of dollars each year, and have enabled the Community Foundation to launch its own Changemaker Projects that are improving New Jersey and its dynamic communities. The Community Foundation’s funds currently hold over $400 million in charitable assets and made over 5,000 grants last year to charitable work in New Jersey and around the world.