How it Works
Educators at schools in districts serving a majority of low-income students may apply for grants of up to $700 to cover transportation costs for field trips to arts and culture sites, historical landmarks, nature preserves and science institutions in New Jersey, and to visit college campuses throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Funds must be used during the school year in which funding is requested
- All schools with more than 65 percent of students eligible for free or reduced lunch are eligible for FTNJ funding
- Schools or associated bus companies will be reimbursed upon receipt of invoice, certificate of insurance, and complete W-9
- Apply for funding by filling out a Field Trip New Jersey Application Form.
- Go on the field trip! Take pictures and ask students to document their experience in letters, drawings, photos or poems.
- Submit bus transportation invoices to receive reimbursement for field trip by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within one month.
Who Can Apply
All public, charter and non-profit private pre-K-12 schools may apply twice per school year.
Field Trip Grant Details
- Total funding per field trip will not exceed $700 and must be used for bus expenses only. A school may submit an application for multiple trips as long as the request does not exceed $1,400 and the trips serve different teachers and students. We encourage teachers to collaborate on trips and on the application process.
- The fund gives priority to field trips in New Jersey that get students outside their districts, although we realize that sometimes there are adventures within the school district that will be appropriate. The fund is not for inter-school travel.
- Schools may apply for funds to transport students on college tours in New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, District of Columbia, and Maryland, as well as New Jersey.
To access the login page for the application, click here.
To view a sample PDF application, click here.
To view a sample Certificate of Insurance, click here.
For the required principal verification form, click here.