Field Trip New Jersey helps school children in underserved communities across New Jersey connect classroom learning with real-life experiences by providing funding for school trips to arts and culture, historical landmarks, nature preserves, science institutions, and college campuses. Thanks to a generous grant from the Schumann Fund for New Jersey, Field Trip New Jersey funding will now also be available to all Essex County schools and other non-profit organizations serving Essex County that are current grantees of the Schumann Fund for New Jersey.
Applicants may apply for grants of up to $1,500 per academic year to cover costs for field trips.
Grant applications for field trips are being accepted on a rolling basis.
Who Can Apply?
1) All Essex County public, charter, and nonprofit private pre-K-12 schools with more than 65 percent of students eligible for free or reduced-price lunches and 2) other non-profit organizations serving Essex County that are current grantees of the Schumann Fund for New Jersey are eligible to apply.
How It Works
- Apply for funding by filling out a Field Trip New Jersey Application Form.
- Go on the field trip! Take pictures and ask students to document their experience in letters, drawings, photos, or poems. Keep your receipts!
- After you return, send us a note telling us about the experience and email it with receipts/invoices to firstname.lastname@example.org within one month.
- Submit invoices or receipts to receive reimbursement for field trip.
Field Trip Grant Details
- Total funding per field trip will not exceed $1,500 per academic year and must be used for field trip expenses only. An organization may submit an application for multiple trips as long as the request does not exceed $1,500 per academic year and the trips serve different teachers and students.
To access the login page for the application, click here.
To view a sample PDF application, click here.
To view a sample Certificate of Insurance, click here.
For the required principal verification form, click here.