June 12, 2017
Students from Lakeside Middle School in Millville earlier this year visited Drexel University to tour the technology lab, and also get a sense of university life. For many students, it was their first visit to a college campus and a possible peak at their future selves.
The students shared their perspectives below:
- Kayla: “I could possibly see myself going to Drexel someday. While we were there, they showed us how the three-dimensional printer works, and how a laser cutter works. We got a cardboard dragon as a souvenir.”
- Dalton: “I thought the trip was fun and education at the same time. I learned that voice vibration goes through a stethoscope to make a high pitch noise. Also, vibration on something can make water splash if strong enough and if you blow on a straw with a point it makes a vibration with a kazoo noise.”
- Isaac: “It was a fun experience to be on a college campus. I also liked the college environment. It was very fun to be on Drexel’s college campus.”
- Taylor: “I think it was a cool experience to go to a college before it’s time for you to go to college, to see how it looks and what types of classes they have there. To see what it looks like in the classes. I would like to go again.”
- Kylie: “I learned some cool science-y things and some computer technology things to do!”
This field trip was made possible with a grant from Field Trip New Jersey, which takes students out of the classroom and into new places that awaken, hush, awe, enrich, or otherwise positively change their lives. To learn more about Field Trip New Jersey, please visit www.fieldtripnj.org or email email@example.com. To donate toward future field trips, please click below.