Who We Are
Created from the merger between Columbia Bank and RSI Bank in 2022, the RSI Foundation’s purpose is to continue the tradition of community giving that was critical to RSI Bank.
RSI Foundation works together with Columbia Bank, Columbia Bank Foundation, community organizations and other charitable foundations to make a difference in the communities formerly served by RSI Bank.
Our Focus Areas
Our philanthropic work is based in two areas of focus:
1. Partnering with marginalized populations. We partner with groups helping those who may be unable to meet their basic needs due to physical, mental, economic, or social circumstances or constraints.
2. Improving neighborhood quality of life. We support organizations, projects and initiatives that contribute to the health, happiness and well-being of people who live within the community.
Organizations and programs or projects must meet all of the criteria below:
- Applicant organization is a tax-exempt charitable organization under section 501c3 of the Internal Revenue Code, government agency, or religious institution
- Applicant organization is in good standing with the IRS
- Applicant organization has been in operation for at least one year
- Applicant organization demonstrates a need for private financial support
- Program or project demonstrates impact in the Foundation’s geographic area of focus (Rahway, NJ and/or the surrounding communities in Union and Middlesex Counties)
- Program or project has direct relevance to the Foundation’s areas of focus (see Our Focus Areas)
We do not financially support:
- Political organizations or candidates running for office
- Fraternal organizations
- Labor organizations
- Endowment funds
- Benefit fundraisers (such as event sponsorships, dinner tickets, tricky tray events)
- Sports-booster clubs
- General operations funding requests (indirect costs that support the operations of the applicant organization)
Application Evaluation Criteria
Applications will be reviewed based on, but not limited to, the following criteria:
1. Specific Community Need
The program/project addresses a specific need in the community and falls within the Foundation’s areas of focus.
2. Measurable Impact
The program/project offers a clear, measurable impact or benefit to the community as a whole or a special segment of the population.
The program or project is achievable with the resources (staff/volunteer, financial, history of programs) of the organization.
4. Realistic Expectations
The program or project has outlined a realistic goal, timeline, and reasonable budget.
How to Apply
Grant requests must be submitted online through the application portal to be considered by RSI Foundation. You will be required to register your organization in the online application portal.
Please note, all organizations submitting a grant request will be asked to upload a project budget in addition to other documentation. Please preview the PDF of the grant application form.
Grant awards typically range between $2,500 – $25,000. Larger or smaller grant amounts may be considered by the Board but limited based on available funding.
If you have any questions while preparing your application materials, please contact Lydia Gracey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RSI Foundation’s 2023 grant request cycle
August 1- September 15, 2023
Grant request submissions accepted
Applicants notified of acceptance/denial by November 17, 2023
Checks mailed to successful applicants by December 8, 2023
We understand you may have questions prior to submitting your application to RSI Foundation. Please direct all inquiries to: Lydia Gracey, email@example.com.