June 4, 2020
Impact 100 Garden State is pleased to announce its 2020 Grant Finalists. Here are the seven finalists along with their program names:
- Bonnie Brae – IIC Expansion: Alternative Therapies for Youth & Families (Liberty Corner, Somerset County)
- Caring Contact – Preparing for 988: Building Hotline Capacity (Westfield, Union County)
- Cornerstone Family Programs – Teen Pathways to Brighter Futures (Morristown, Morris County)
- Family Promise – Road to Success: Empowering Families Through Transportation (Summit, Union County)
- Homeless Solutions Inc. – “Next Level” Shelter Expansion Project (Cedar Knolls, Morris County)
- Norwescap – Expanding Economic Opportunities for Women (North Plainfield, Somerset County)
- Zufall Health Center – Mobile Meals for Dover Families in Need (Dover, Morris County)
Due to COVID-19, Impact 100 Garden State members will vote electronically to determine which three of the seven finalists will receive $100,000 grants, while the remaining four will each receive $15,000 in merit grants. The announcement of the grant recipients will be made via a Zoom virtual awards announcement on Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 7 pm.
Impact 100 Garden State is a women-led philanthropic organization that provides high impact, transformational grants to local nonprofits that reach under-served populations in Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex and Union counties. Each member contributes $1000 a year and that donation is pooled for collective giving. This year Impact 100 Garden State reached 341 members, and each member will have a vote to determine which of the three finalists receive $100,000 grants.
Impact 100 Garden State is a Special Project Fund of the Community Foundation of New Jersey, which supports charitable giving focused on making NJ communities stronger. Major support for Impact 100 Garden State is provided by Crum & Forster and BNY Mellon Wealth Management.
The Community Foundation of New Jersey is pleased to host four Impact 100 groups – Impact 100 Garden State, Impact100 Essex, Impact 100 Jersey Coast, and Impact 100 South Jersey – which have brought together a combined 1,100 New Jersey women to make more than $3.5 million in grants to nonprofit organizations to date. These Impact 100 groups share our “multiplier effect” philosophy as evidenced by the volume and, indeed, impact of their giving. To discuss the ways in which the Community Foundation of New Jersey can host these types of philanthropic initiatives, contact us at 973-267-5533.