The Community Foundation of New Jersey considers regularly how we as an organization and civic community leader can effect lasting change that leads to greater equity. To that end, our discretionary grantmaking is informed by many of the below criteria and grounded in the associated values.
We seek to support initiatives that
- Pilot a good idea and have a realistic path toward broader uptake
- Have an achievable public policy objective
- Promote a public systems fix that CFNJ and partners have the tools/standing to influence
- Reach a New Jersey community or group of people who are not being served or have historically been underserved.
- Leverage other private or public resources
The work we support is:
- Community-driven, with input that comes from the community and take into account the expressed needs and plans of the community.
- Equity-informed, directly addressing racial, economic and/or social inequity in New Jersey.
- Diversely-led, drawing from a greater diversity of organizations that people of color, different ages and perspectives lead and/or serve, and that may or may not have proven track records but show promise in future work
- Broad-based, serving more than one community.
- Inclusive and Equitable